Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Looking Up

Today was an improvement on the last two days.

I can feel my energy improving and my body responding to the nutrients I’m choosing to feed it.

Such a simple solution.

Cut the crap and add real food.

Lunch was grated lactose free cheese and carrot, diced tomato, cucumber, avocado and shallots with tuna.

Dinner was vegetable and chicken soup (I boiled 3 chicken thighs, broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, mushroom, celery, spinach, onion, garlic and lentils with salt and lots of white pepper. Removed the chicken, blended the rest until it was smooth and creamy, then shredded the chicken and added it afterwards. I filled 8 containers for freezing)

I’ve consumed 1.5 litres of filtered water, an English Breakfast tea and a licorice tea.

It was a good day at the shop. Busy. Good sales.

Meditation was great although there were 6 empty chairs! Strangely enough, during the day, I received 6 enquires about meditation, so those chairs could possibly be filled with newcomers next week

A few girls stayed behind for a chat afterwards, The Gypsy and I caught up with our news at my desk and everyone had left by 10am.

There were a lot of male customers today.

Very unusual.

A gay couple.

A writer who claims to have knocked JK Rowling off the number one spot in Australia for 2.5weeks.

A sweet man with the most joyful laugh and polite manner who came in with his Mum.

A man who claimed to be related to the bush ranger Ben Hall - his wife scoffed at his claim.

Another elderly man buying gifts for his granddaughter who was arriving this afternoon.

I finished packing all the consignment crystals for the lady who will be picking them up tomorrow.

My new super king sized quilt covers arrived in the mail and I’m hoping my Lorraine Lea Bamboo super king sized doona will arrive tomorrow. Soon my bedroom will be GORJUSS!

It’s already 11.30pm.

I popped outside a few times tonight to check out the lunar eclipse. I couldn’t quite find the motivation to dust off the camera to take pics but I’m sure there’ll be a million pics on Facebook tomorrow. This pic was posted by Humans of Melbourne FB page ...


Time to sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: