Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, May 28, 2021

Snug Azzz

I am snuggled up in bed like a bug in a rug.

My new bamboo super king doona arrived today.

I can’t tell you what a struggle it was for Adoring Husband and I to put the cover on the damned thing!

So now I have a coral fleece mattress protector, a bamboo mattress topper, a thermal balancing topper, delicious linen sheets, bamboo doona, a lovely wasabi green cover and the ocean themed quilted coverlet.

My beautiful big bed of deliciousness has wrapped itself around me in a warm hug of love and I didn’t think I could love my bedroom anymore than I did before, but now I’m swooning.

Today was pretty amazing.

Adoring Husband helped me set up the training room for art on Saturday afternoon and then checked the mail where he found two big packages of new stock for the shop.

Knowing that I had some big bills due at the end of this month, I sat down at my desk and checked my finances. The results were a little disturbing, so I spoke to the universe.

I announced, out loud, the outstanding balance still required to meet my responsibilities and respectfully asked if today could provide it.

It was a very big number that I haven’t come close to all month, so I didn’t believe for a minute that my request would be met.

Obviously my day was very busy unpacking, checking, pricing and displaying new stock, but even busier serving a steady flow of customers.

With one hour to go, sales were SO close to that crazy figure that I’d discussed with the universe earlier! I couldn’t believe it and I was certain that there would be no more sales for the day. The last hour is always very quiet.

But the universe hadn’t finished and by 2pm closing time, I’d finished the day just $32 short of that magical figure!

Un-freaking-believable!

Adoring Husband was late coming to help close the shop because he was feeling very poorly, so I made him sit down and drink some water while I closed up. I had some banking to do before we came home.

I only had an hour til I had to be somewhere so AH put our chicken wings in the oven to cook while we put all our new bedding on our beds. His new doona (Cronulla colours) ...

I munched down my food, got changed, grabbed a bottle of bubbly, kissed AH goodbye and pedalled over to Reality TV Queen’s house where Mrs Bucket was hosting a ‘not really surprise’ birthday gathering for Woman of Many Talents who turned 60 on the 23rd this month.

It was really nice to catch up with people I haven’t seen for a long time, especially the birthday girl.

I stayed for less than two hours and it was dark as I rode home.

AH and I watched some footy before we both retired for the night.


Now it’s time to sleep. It’s been a big day!

Nite all.

No comments: