Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, May 30, 2021

Not so Restful

Last night I began watching the limited series Mare of Easttown on Foxtel Go.

A couple of names you would know from it are Kate Winslet and Guy Pearce.

I watched 4 episodes which took me to midnight and as much as I wanted to continue watching it, I made a responsible adult decision to get some sleep.

This morning I got out of bed and made our breakfast of smoked cod with baby spinach, salad and kimchi + a cup of tea, brought it back to bed and watched the next two episodes. 

There are only 7 episodes in the series and the last one comes out tomorrow so I’m left on the edge of my bed by the cliffhanger ending to episode 6!

Ugh!

Eventually I got out of bed and began my period of productivity. Very unusual for a Sunday!

First up, I pulled all of the bedding out of the linen cupboard and Adoring Husband took all the vacuumed storage bags of linen out of the back bedroom wardrobe.

Boy oh boy 😳

We filled an entire trailer with old pillows, euro pillows, doonas and covers, sheets, pillowcases, mattress protectors, valances, boomerang pillows and more!

We were brutal.

I kept only my favourite sets.

Next up, I cleared the chest of drawers in the guest bedroom.

Once again ... brutal.

Four drawers that were filled to the brim became 2.5 empty drawers and 1.5 partially filled.

After those two tasks, it was time to start dinner.

Chicken, mushroom, pak choy, pumpkin and sweet potato casserole. Strawberries and lactose free whipped cream for dessert. That Zymil cream is very nice!

I was very close to having a perfect round in the footy tipping this week - until Manly spoiled my party by unexpectedly losing to Newcastle. Not happy Jan 😡

I’m looking forward to Maid Marion’s birthday lunch tomorrow so I’d best get my beauty sleep!





Nite all.


No comments: