Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Gorgeous Day

I don’t think the weather could have been any more perfect.

I even sat on one of the chairs outside the front door for a little while to breathe in the fresh Autumn air, feel the cool breeze and listen to the gentle tinkle of the wind chimes on my outside stand.

It was quite lovely.

Almost a full house for meditation and it was quite an animated class which is always interesting.

As usual, a few of the girls hung around for a chat afterwards and I got to catch up with The Gypsy at my desk.

Everyone had left before 11am and I collected the mail which included some new jewellery stands for the shop, a necklace and some Coeliac bread pockets to safely make GF toast in a normal toaster.

I paid bills, did some filing, redisplayed some earrings on the new jewellery stands and tidied my desk. What was left of day passed very quickly and AH arrived right on time to help close the shop.

I’m so tired after my early start this morning. I really need to sleep right now.

Nite all.

No comments: