Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Grand Start

What a grand start to my week!

Adoring Husband and I were at the shop just after 8am to clear the training room of all the art mess and set up for coffee morning and journaling class. It took us an hour to do that and then open the shop.

There were two special visitors at coffee this morning - Reality TV Queen and Mrs Bucket.

I think it was close to 11am by the time they left and it was like a tag team when Grayart arrived to deliver my Lorraine Lea gift and pick up her art from Saturday’s class.

From the moment she left, the shop was busy busy busy.

That means it was a great sales day which ended with a great journaling class.

We stayed behind once again and cleared the training room to set up for meditation on Wednesday morning.

I vacuumed the whole shop and it was almost 4.30pm by the time we arrived home.

AH dragged me in to make the bed ready for Bubbles’ visit on Monday so that meant I was a bit late putting the chicken in the oven for his dinner.

My dinner was delicious creamy veg and chicken soup - I think I could live on that stuff! I can almost feel my body sucking up all those nutrients and it’s thanking me with lots of ‘feel good’ feelings.

I made up a salad for AH to have with his chicken.

Now, at 9.30pm I’m struggling to keep my eyes open. It’s time to sleep so that I can wake up bright and early for meditation.




Nite all.



No comments: