Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, June 4, 2021

Surprise!

This morning was incredibly quiet.

One couple walked in before midday, wandered around for about 3 minutes and walked out.

Feeling uninspired, I decided to sit outside the front door and chase Pokémons with my phone - hoping to one day impress Chicklet with my substantial cache on the Pokédex.

I’d been out there for about ten minutes when I heard a familiar voice enquiring “Having a slow day?”

I looked up to see J&P, The Inveterate Travellers strolling up the driveway! It is just short of 2 years since we last saw each other and they brought the lovely Duchess with them the last time. I was reminded that the Duchess recently celebrated her 84th birthday! 👋 Hullo Duchess!

Their visit was short and sweet. We caught up briefly, having a few laughs and making plans to catch up again at Marco Polo’s 40th birthday party next week.

They generously kickstarted my sales by making a few purchases and we hugged goodbye as prospective customers walked through the door.

Their visit and their purchases triggered the beginning of a good afternoon of sales as there was a steady stream of people for the next hour or more.

Adoring Husband arrived early to pack up so I sent him on a couple of errands to kill time.

We were home by 2.15pm.

By 3.15pm we were both looking at the time expecting it to be close to 6pm! We are tired ... clearly.

AH cooked his usual Friday night chicken wings for dinner and I stayed up to watch the final heat for “Portrait Artist of the Year 2014” awards before dragging myself to prepare for bed.

I don’t think I’ll see out the end of the footy tonight and there is an icy breeze floating through the window - perfect for sliding under the doona and getting all snug and warm for sleep.

My lovely family in lockdown VIC ...



Nite all.

No comments: