Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, June 3, 2021

Helpful

My work day began with an early delivery of Buckley and Phillips goodies.

Essential oils, room sprays, candles, reed diffusers, hand and body lotions and incense sticks.

I checked them off the invoice, wrote out all the price tags and at that point my cleaner, The Happy Hippy arrived so I took advantage of her services and she helped me price and display everything.

She spent the remaining part of her hour dusting while I served the influx of customers that appeared and who kept me busy until midday.

A good day of sales.

Adoring Husband and I shut up shop 5 minutes early because we had errands to run in The Bay.

  • Pick up the dry cleaning. ($54 to dry clean a doona!)
  • Drop into Nanas Pantry for some tapioca flour and ingredients for power protein balls.
  • Nick into Truckloads for some dishwasher tabs on sale.
  • Since we are in the right vicinity, coffee and a green juice from Su Jus Cafe (+muffins).
  • Spotlight to grab 38 canvases for art classes - also on sale.
Homeward bound but a quick stop at the shop to drop off the canvases and pick up the cash tin and my laptop.

Dinner was early because AH had SES training tonight. Barramundi and salad was quick and easy.

My footy team has received a good hiding from the Dragons this evening. Sad but true.



Now I’m feeling decidedly weary.

Nite all.

No comments: