Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, May 31, 2021

Fun With Friends

I’m exhausted after a great day with the girls.

We had morning tea at the Sticky Fig Cafe. I splurged on a lemon slice with my pot of tea which was served in a quirky little polka dot teapot and gorgeous bone China teacup and saucer decorated with yellow roses.

We popped into HBW on our way to lunch so that I could pick up some paper bags with twine handles for the shop.

Our reservation was at Aquavue for lunch but we were 30 minutes early so we went for a browse through Go Girl which is located just across the road. I found a gorgeous dress there and a beaded necklace.

We were right in time for lunch and I ordered calamari salad. Sweet Aggie ordered us some mocktails...

The food AND the drinks were really delicious, there was quite a bit of snorting laughter, some inappropriate lunchtime conversation (and activity) and the birthday girl was a cheap date!

We left there to do some more shopping across the road at Banana Bender and Go Natural, then we moved on to Stocklands where I got myself some new shoes and some singlet tops and finally we stopped at Pillow Talk to get some sheets for the bed that Bubbles will be sleeping in when she arrives next week.

So I spent too much money, but I culled another six items from my wardrobe, to make room for the new stuff.

Adoring Husband and I had a very light dinner. His was ham and salad. Mine was veg and chicken soup.

Tonight I watched the final episode of Mare of Easttown. So many twists and turns! It was excellent!

Now it’s almost midnight and I need to be at work early to clear the training room of all the art paraphernalia.

So I’d best get some sleep.


Nite all.

No comments: