Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 5, 2021

Shaky Saturday

I awoke at 3.30am because my bladder required emptying.

Trouble was, I couldn’t get back to sleep!

By the time my alarm sounded at 7am, I was ready to sleep again.

Unfortunately, that could not happen so I dragged myself out of bed and enjoyed a nice hot shower to start my day.

Not a soul entered the shop for the first 90 minutes so I decided to sit in the sun outside the front door and catch some Pokémon. I’d only been there for 3 minutes when a group of people walked up the driveway.

It was not a huge day for sales - once again, expected because Howard markets were on - but good enough  to keep me satisfied.

AH arrived very early to help close the shop so I gave him some errands, as I do.

We were home before 1.30pm and my first stop was the kitchen to make a BIG pot of chicken and veg soup. While that was simmering away on the stove, I made some chocolate protein balls for AH to have as snacks.

Protein balls have dates, hazelnuts, almonds, cashews, walnuts, pepitas, hemp seeds, probiotic powder, melted dark chocolate, cacao powder, coconut oil, sultanas and cranberries.

I made 44 of them.

Then it was time to remove the chicken from the pot, blend the vegetables and soup water, shred the chicken and divide it evenly between 20 containers for the freezer. I kept one out for my dinner.

Delicious.

By the time I’d finished, the kitchen was a disaster area requiring two full loads in the dishwasher and some dishwashing by hand. Thank you AH.

My feet were aching and my shirt was covered in chocolate mess.

Of course there was dessert - leftover muffins, brownie, strawberries and Zymil cream. The muffins and brownie all GF, sugar free, dairy free and made with fresh food ingredients.

We are watching Melbourne Storm play Gold Coast Titans right now, but I feel that I won’t be awake by the end of the game.

I can hear my pillow calling me and I don’t get to stay in bed tomorrow because I have a coffee date with my girls at the Lions Park where we are meeting Lady Lynn before she returns home from a brief visit.

It’s been a long day - because it started at 3.30am!

Nite all.



No comments: