Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, June 6, 2021

Was That Sunday?

Today was a great combination of ‘social’, ‘productive’ and ‘relaxing’.

While it was difficult to move myself out from under the covers so early this morning, it was worth feeling the chill on my skin to experience the day that was to come.

After a deliciously hot shower I rugged up in preparation for a chilly breezy date with my girls. I pedalled my trusty trike to the Lions Park where I was the first to arrive so I searched for a table that might soon have some warm sunshine beating down on it.

Five minutes later, all of the girls except The Brains Trust appeared. TBT was feeling under the weather so she kept her germs to herself and remained at home.

Next thing I know, there’s a tablecloth laid out with a plate full of cake slices and serviettes. Beauty had gone to the perfect amount of trouble for us and we all sat around with our tea and coffee and cake catching up with Lady Lynn’s news and she catching up with ours.

It was a lovely morning. Thankfully, the sun eventually warmed us up and a bit over an hour later, some of us headed to my shop so that Lady Lynn could purchase a poncho.

After a big hug goodbye, Lady Lynn went off to find Happy Harry and I aimed for the supermarket.

Before I got there, I was stopped by a local lady asking me if I sold coasters at the shop so I offered to take her there to look and she purchased a set there and then!

Ten minutes later I was in the supermarket at the counter when the woman who served me asked if I still had the bamboo pants in the shop and how much they were. I told her and she said that she wanted them. I offered to go get them for her right now and because she had the right cash in her purse she agreed.

So I made three sales without even opening the shop!

Knowing there was much to do at home, I reluctantly made my way there.

I finished sorting and decluttering the linen cupboard and the sheets that have been lined up on the family room couch for the last week, were finally returned to the top shelf of the cupboard.

I did many loads of washing.

I heated up some soup for lunch and made a delicious smoothie afterwards.

We sat down for lunch and watched Twilight - Eclipse, Shall We Dance and Ghost. 

We left the house to get Adoring Husband’s coffee and while he ordered that, I stopped at the shop to pick up Lady Lynn’s jumper that she left behind. On the way home we dropped the jumper off with friends who  will be visiting Lady Lynn this week.

At home I did a quick clean of the ensuite.

We cleared all the crap off the dining table - it’s amazing how quickly stuff accumulates there.

I cooked duck for dinner with a side of buttered cauliflower and broccoli.

We were disappointed to discover that we’d missed the football because it was on at 4pm and we thought it was going to be on tonight.

It’s now 10.30pm and we need to be up bright and early in the morning to go pick up Bubbles from Nambour. We’ll be going to Wildlife HQ to feed and cuddle the meerkats before we return home.

That means I need to sleep now.

Nite all.

No comments: