Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Painful

It has been a painful game to watch.

The first State of Origin game is being played tonight in Townsville and Queensland is losing in a convincing fashion.

It really was expected but I hoped that the Queensland team would dig deep and find that strength of character that they are famous for and make us Queenslanders proud.

There is still 26 minutes of the game remaining but we are losing by 20 points and I don’t hold much hope.

Sad but true.

Work was enjoyable today, starting with meditation which Bubbles attended and enjoyed. She had some aha moments and got to meet the regular girls.

Bubbles stayed for the entire day and we spent a considerable amount of time talking shop and comparing customer stories.

The day passed quickly.

The three of us spent the afternoon playing ‘music trivia’ (which I won) and ‘categories’ (which I won) but third time wasn’t lucky because we are now losing State of Origin by 38 points!!!

Adoring Husband is sitting very smugly in his chair enjoying this win - considering how many losses he’s had to endure over the last ten years, I guess I have to let him have a win every so often.

I think this will be a big series win for the blues this year. I have no faith in the lousy coach QLD selected, nor do I have any respect for our captain, Daly Cherry-Evans who is one of the most inconsistent players and rarely performs well under pressure.

But don’t get me started 😬

I believe I shall put my tail between my legs and prepare for bed.

Sucks to be a loser 🤪

Nite all.

No comments: