Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, June 11, 2021

Hurt My Brain

Thank goodness, after a good nights sleep, Adoring Husband was feeling much better this morning.

It was another chilly start to the day and I left it til the last minute to get out of bed and prepare myself for work. I had a quick hot shower to make those preparations a little more comfortable.

It’s strange for me to be feeling the cold and I think I’m very under prepared for winter! I possess one jumper, two long sleeved t-shirts and two very old and daggy zip up sloppy joes. Winter is usually very short lived up here so hopefully it will be a ‘typical’ season.

My morning was good for sales and my customers paid cash, which meant that I was unaware of a problem with my square reader until the afternoon when I had a customer who’s only option was to pay by card.

There had been an update the previous evening as well as a 6 hour period during the night where the internet was down because of Telstra upgrades.

This caused me hours of mental anguish as I attempted to find a fix. I tried a dozen different fixes that were suggested online and nothing worked. 

I lost a decent sale.

Then Bubbles arrived.

It took her ten minutes to rectify the problem.

Thank you very much.

There is a big lawn bowls competition for men in town this weekend which means there are approximately 300 wives and partners looking for a shopping experience which I hope I can provide. My devices need to be in working order for me to have a successful day.

I sent all my tax info through to the appropriate human, so that’s an important task marked off my list.

Tomorrow is art class day so AH and Bubbles helped put the drop sheet down and set up the tables and plastic covers. Two of the art girls usually do the rest on Saturday morning.

We played two games of pub trivia this afternoon and Adoring Husband won both! 

It’s now almost 8pm and I’m feeling very weary - I hurt my brain with all that problem solving today and it needs to rest.


Oh and a lovely family pic … 

Nite all.

No comments: