Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 12, 2021

Feeling it

My age … I’m feeling my age.

As much as I love the Winter weather, my bones are aching from the cold.

I haven’t had a Sunday in bed for 4 weeks and I think it will be another week before I can enjoy that luxury.

No days for relaxation, rejuvenation and regeneration which is wearing me down a bit.

Today was very busy in the shop  with good sales + the art class which was a lot of fun.











I prepared an avocado dip for the girls to have with their crackers while we enjoyed our beverages after art. We also savoured some spicy carrot cake.

There wasn’t too much mess and we were finished the class much earlier than usual. We all chose an easy technique with pretty good results.

We were home before 5pm.

We bought frozen snapper from the fisheries freezer but the weather is so bloody cold, even putting it outside failed to help it thaw. I threw my hands in the air and declared “you can just fend for yourselves!”

No dinner for me - I just couldn’t be bothered and I wasn’t hungry.

I am in bed typing this and I expect to be asleep in about 30 minutes.

Have a happy Sunday.

Nite all.


No comments: