Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, June 14, 2021

Mother Daughter Day

Bubbles and I planned on catching the bus into The Bay today, but it was raining when we woke up and Adoring Husband offered to drive us in. 

We were especially grateful for his offer when we passed the speeding bus that would have taken us. Crazy driver!

I wore a dress today! 

I know right!? Me!

We all started at Su Jus Cafe for breakfast. I had a chicken crepe with mushrooms and avocado and my drink of choice was a green juice.

AH had a healthy roast pumpkin, poached egg, halloumi and cashew cheese with a giant coffee.

Bubbles had the standard bacon, poached egg and avocado with a fresh tropical juice.

It was a good start to a busy walkathon, shopathon kind of day.

AH left us there and we checked out the shops in the mall. I got a couple of things at Truckloads for the art classes, we looked but didn’t purchase at Shoe Frenzy and then decided to get our hair done at the hairdressing salon.

My hair hasn’t been touched by a hairdresser in 18 months! I’ve been allowing the ‘ala natural’ greys to grow out but it was looking long and dry with straggly ends and desperately needed cutting.

I asked the woman to slightly layer it so that my natural curl could be seen.

She told me, ten minutes in, that until six weeks ago she was the Manager at Just Cuts.

To me, that’s exactly what my hair looks like … like I’ve been to Just Cuts.

Not completely happy, but I’ll wash it tomorrow and allow it to dry naturally. My natural curl might actually make it more acceptable.

We couldn’t find anything we wanted in Big W or Rivers but there is a ladies fashion store near them where I found a hippy duster jacket in black. I bought one the same at the Childers Multicultural Festival two years ago in a cream colour which I have worn often so I was excited to see this one.

The shop had a lovely range of linen blend clothing. Tops and pants in different colours and designs which were very tempting but my wardrobe is already bulging at the seams so I refrained.

We attempted to Uber from there to Stocklands but the 3 Ubers that were available earlier all inconveniently disappeared when we needed them so we called a taxi instead.

Stocklands had nothing much to offer either. I was lucky enough to nab a white short sleeved shirt with a collar - something that I’ve been looking for - and a couple of t-shirts from trusty old Kmart.

I got a Boost juice because I desperately needed a boost!

All I need is to win $20million Powerball. I would like that very much.

I ordered our personal Uber (Adoring Husband) to come back to pick us up. We were at our last stop in the supermarket when he arrived and we were able to get home before the sun was low enough to risk our safety on the road. It’s a bad time of the year because the sun sets directly into our eyes in some sections of the road.

Dinner was Peking duck with vegetables for AH and Bubbles. I enjoyed some of my soup.

It’s been huge and I loved our mother/daughter day but I’m  exhausted! My feet are aching from being on them for six hours and I need to sleep.

Work tomorrow! There will be coffee with the girls but no journaling for a couple of weeks. 

I just realised that I still need to clear up from the art class so we’ll need to go in early! Ugh!


Nite all.

No comments: