Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, June 17, 2021

Little Ones

I made lots of little sales today but it was still a below average day.

The glass cabinets full of jewellery received a ‘going over’ from me and I rearranged some of the displays, changing the levels of some and displaying them differently so I was left with a whole shelf free for my next order when it arrives.

I made some new signs and laminated them. Now I need to figure out where around town to put them to help lure customers to the shop.

Some new jewellery display stands arrived in the mail but I’m not sure where they’ll go yet. They were very easy to assemble but are a touch too big to fit in the glass cabinets. Adoring Husband should be able to remedy that by chopping about a cm off each end of the shelving boards.

The weather has warmed up again and the temperature reached 25°C which is warm for winter! I had the fan on in the bedroom last night.

AH and Bubbles both arrived to close the shop but before we closed, Bubbles had to post some of her clothes home to make enough room in her suitcase! 

AH got his afternoon coffee and promptly dropped the entire cup right inside the door of the shop! What a mess!! 

Ugh!

As he was returning from buying a second cup, there was a commercial carpet cleaner parked outside the real estate, so he grabbed the guy and asked him to provide a quote. He will be cleaning my carpets on Tuesday afternoon.

I did the banking and we were home before 2.30pm.

We played trivial pursuit all afternoon - I won ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿค—

We munched on my version of guacamole dip while we played and I also made my way through four mandarins so I was not in the slightest bit hungry for dinner. I cooked up barramundi, leftover mash and salad for AH and Bubbles.

Now I’m in bed watching my team receive a thrashing in the first footy game of this round.

I should save myself the pain, turn it off and go to sleep!

Here is a photo to show how much my little Hazie has grown … 


Now it’s time to sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: