Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 27, 2021

Making Time

A wise person once said “If you don’t make time for your wellness, you will be forced to make time for your illness”

It makes a lot of sense.

This also appealed to me - posted by someone in my business education group ...

This is an iron ingot. It’s value is about $100.

If it was ‘used’ iron, it’s value would be $25.

If you decide to make horseshoes with it, it’s value would rise to $250.

If you decide to make sewing needles, the value would rise to about $70,000. 

If you decide to make watch springs, it’s value would rise to about $6 million. 

Your value is not only in what you are made of, but above all, in the ways you are able to make the best of what you are 🙏

I had a good day at the shop. Very busy, lots of visitors, good sales and highly productive.

All of the crystals have left the shop, which made lots of space for the new bags that arrived today.





The Brains Trust and Aggie popped in (not at the same time) but they didn’t stay for long because I was busy with my crystal lady or serving customers.

I made a sale over the phone early in the day and mailed the package this afternoon.

I actually brought some work home with me and spent some time sifting through some jewellery, selecting a few pieces to sell in the shop.

I cooked some duck with a mandarin sauce for Adoring Husband. He had to leave early for an SES meeting so I served that with a big bowl of diced radish, tomato, cucumber, onion, capsicum, avocado and pear splashed with green goddess dressing.

I made myself a green smoothie and later in the evening heated up some of that delicious vegetable and chicken soup.

My body is thanking me.

Now it’s time for me to switch to the Foxtel Arts channel and watch “Landscape Artist of the Year 2018”

Nite all.

No comments: