Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, December 9, 2021

Sleepy Time

On Wednesday night I was asleep before 8.30pm and except for a brief toilet break at midnight, I slept until 7am!

Hence no blog post.

I felt fabulous for the sleep - I obviously needed it.

Wednesday had been a big day with meditation early, big sales all day and the continuing procession of people asking me not to sell/close the shop.

I was fully energised for today.

In between customers I finally finished wrapping all of the Christmas presents and sent them in the mail. One box cost $50 to send!!!

Sales were again really good and there was more pleading to keep the shop open.

I received my package of Christmas gifts from Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair.

I think we are going to get wet tonight … 

Tonight was the debut of the Sex and the City reboot “And Just Like That” which Adoring Husband and I watched together. They showed the first two episodes and the second one was pretty heart wrenching! I wasn’t expecting that!

Now it’s heading towards midnight so I need to sleep.



Nite all.



No comments: