Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, December 11, 2021

Tis the Season

 

Road train driver pays the cost - NO JAB NO JOB results in on going injury


I had a slow Saturday for sales, but still passed my happy minimum.

I was able to set up the training room for tomorrow’s Christmas party, hanging red tinsel along the walls, putting Christmas tablecloths on the folding tables, green and silver strings of beads as centrepieces between Christmas crackers.

The blender ready to make margaritas and pina coladas.

Two big plastic buckets to fill with ice.

The side board covered in butchers paper ready to receive plates of food as people arrive and stacked with paper plates, serviettes and cutlery.

Another tub to hold the Christmas gifts.

Tomorrow morning I’m cooking some chicken nibbles, making an avocado/tuna dip, a plate of smoked salmon cheesy bites and a carrot and cheese salad.

The party starts at 11am so I’ll be up bright and early to get everything done.

This afternoon my first priority was to swim in the very tepid pool. Now that the water has warmed up, it might be time to open the umbrella to stop the continual sunshine making it warmer.

I have a very busy weekend planned and the shop is only going to get busier leading up to Christmas, so there will be lots of early nights for me. I’m already yawning and it’s not even 9pm!





It’s time to be in bed.

Nite all.


No comments: