Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Done and Dusted

No changes will happen before I close the shop.

The rally in ACT will be rolling, building and continuing into next month.

Nuremberg 2.0 will take way longer than I’m prepared to wait.

QLD is way behind other states and is now claiming deaths of people “with” Covid as dying “of” Covid so they are still attempting to instil fear into everybody by ramping up the numbers.

Every man and his dog has had it including all of Adoring Husband’s family on the Gold Coast.

In the last month, I’ve only had two customers tell me that they are happy to be fully vaxed with boosters. Others tell me they are ‘over it’ and not willing to get boosters. It is a conversation had many times a day with many different people.

Today, two members of my like-minded tribe have joined the rolling convoy headed down to ACT. There are five buses travelling from Cairns and picking up people at designated spots along the way. My tribe tell me that they had no idea how big this convoy was going to be and it’s so big they can’t even count the number of vehicles.

There are people travelling from Tasmania, Western Australia and I assume all of the other states as well.

HUGE.

Our local rally is this Saturday starting at 1pm at Traviston Park. The numbers will definitely be down because a big group from The Bay have headed south too, but that’s ok, we have to start somewhere.

Today the shop was less busy than the last 6 weeks but sales were still excellent and lots of stock left the building!

I started packing more stuff into boxes to bring home.

It was an enjoyable day with visits from The Motivator, Beauty, Madame P, Roxy Music and LavenDeb.

We closed on time and I rested for an hour before cooking duck with spicy orange sauce, mash, broccoli and grilled zucchini for dinner.

The new trivial pursuit arrived today and we played that straight after dinner.  There are a LOT of American questions about local sports stars and local advertising campaigns which we have absolutely no idea about.

Tonight’s game will be finished at another time.

I’ve watched MAFS and I am ready for bed now.




Nite all.

No comments: