Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, February 7, 2022

I Like Mondays

I gave myself an extra day to get rid of the stock by opening today (Monday).

It was much busier than I expected and was serendipitous because a large group of ladies came in and between them, spent a LOT of money. They are leaving town tomorrow morning so if I had opened my usual hours, I would have missed those sales and they would have missed out on all the lovely stock that they purchased.

At various stages, I had half the Foodworks staff shopping too.

It was a good steady day of sales which totalled a big number and reduced the stock noticeably, so I’m pleased that I did it.

Through all of that, I was feeling decidedly unwell with a churning tummy and had to sit down a number of times to calm myself. It was unpleasant.

When I arrived home, after catching up briefly with BGWLBH, I climbed into bed and slept for almost two hours.

For dinner, I cooked barramundi and veg for Adoring Husband and BGWLBH. I heated up some chicken broth for myself - to be gentle on my unhappy tummy.

No trivia tonight, but I watched MAFS.

Now it’s time to sleep again.



Nite all.

No comments: