Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, February 10, 2022

Dwindling

With stock dwindling, so are sales.

Today there were a lot of tyre kickers but not a lot of sales.

I passed my happy minimum, but my happy minimum isn’t really good enough with only five days left of trade. Hopefully it’s just a little hiccup.

It was nice to get a visit from Aggie today! Now that she’s a working girl and a dog carer, she’s a busy girl.

My first priority when I arrived home this afternoon, was to jump into the pool, swim a few laps, position myself in the direct sun and sit in my egg chair for a while. It was an enjoyable 45 minutes.

From there I changed into slobbadog clothes and lay around for an hour before starting dinner.

Chicken thigh with all the delicious BGWLBH salads for dinner. I had leftover chicken rissoles chopped up in mashed potato with BGWLBH salads.

We continued the trivia game which BGWLBH won!

I thought MAFS was on tonight, but I was wrong so we watched some of the Winter Olympics until Adoring Husband fell asleep. I nudged him to go to bed and then wasted a stack of time before coming to bed myself.

I can’t believe it’s now 11.30pm!






Nite all.

No comments: