Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 11, 2022

Much Better Thanks!

Another step in the right direction for my health today.

Started the day with a headache (took a Panadol). Sneezing a lot, but less nose blowing than yesterday and I had plenty of energy for space clearing and cooking.

I’m doing ok.

I’ll be happier when I am completely symptom free of course. That day has to be very near!

I spent a couple of hours in the art space. I’m so close to using the room as intended, I can taste it! BGWLBH and I are very excited to get it finished and to start playing.

I posted more stuff on marketplace to sell and have had a couple of bites already.

BGWLBH and I sat in the afternoon sunshine around the pool for a while.

I made a tuna bake for dinner and we were all so hungry, we were sitting at the dinner table at 4pm!!

TV trivia was our ‘go to’ and we spent an hour naming singers and songs and then naming movies from the scenes. It was fun and full of giggles.

Then of course, it’s super Saturday so we watched the footy. So far, I have four out of four correct in the tipping … but so have many others!

I’m now in bed watching the movie PS I Love You. This movie is such an emotional ride.

That’s it for my Saturday. I was productive and I enjoyed it.

A short video to end with.

There was an unexpected 40% increase in ‘all cause deaths’ in 2021


Nite all.

No comments: