Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, June 8, 2022

What Next?

Well, a whole new set of symptoms for today!

Even though I felt motivated and mentally energised to get stuff done, whenever I stood up and tried to move, I felt dizzy and very weak. It also felt a bit like my brain was floating weirdly inside my skull.

My throat is fine now but I have an annoying niggling cough and a blocked nose.

At the risk of providing too much information, I also have diarrhoea.

All of my original symptoms have gone and I have a whole set of new ones.

It’s weird because even though I’m staying in bed for most of the day, I’m still able to get up and do a few things like walking out to pool area to sit in the sunshine and soak up some healing vitamin D, spend half an hour in the art space unpacking, put together my paleo pizza, cook it and sit at the dining table to eat it.

I even sat in the lounge room with Adoring Husband for the first half of tonight’s State of Origin! 

Go QUEENSLAND! 16 - 10 winners!

Anyway, I still feel like I’m healing and BGWLBH did her healing hands magic on me. 

Without her actually touching me, I could feel the heat of her hands and unexpected tingling through my scalp and my throat. Wouldn’t it be fabulous to wake up tomorrow completely healed!?

Watch this space.

It’s very chilly tonight! My weather app says it’s currently 11°C and I added a light cover on my bed. Unheard of!

This is worth watching and, except for the alien part, is closer to home than you think (although some believe the alien part is also true!)

X Files Conspiracy scene


Ready for sleep now.






Nite all.

No comments: