Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, December 28, 2022

On The Up

Today was an improvement.

At 6am I took Harley for a short walk on the leash. He behaved well.

I made some tea and toast for breakfast and spent about 30 minutes in the art space starting this …

At 8am a message came through from the art girls to see if anyone was going to the park, so I decided to pop down for a bit. 

At 8.40am I rode to the park with Harley sitting in the rear basket of my trike. He was very good and I think he quite enjoys it but I’m worried about him slipping his paws into the spokes of the rear wheels.

He likes to put his paws on the top edge of the basket so that he can see where we are going and it wouldn’t take much for them to slip.

We met a couple of the art girls and chatted for about 90 minutes.

Harley was very good because being school holidays, there were lots of dogs, kids on bikes and scooters and adults with strollers. He was very inquisitive but sat watching it all with his tail wagging happily. No barking and no pulling on the leash to chase.

I was impressed.

We rode home a bit after 10.30am.

I made BGWLBH some bacon and eggs and did some more art with my new pastel pencils for about an hour. So far …

I made a fruit smoothie for everyone and took Harley out to the pool where he had a short swim and we played fetch for a while.

I did some washing and sat to watch my quiz shows.

Harley had another swim and played more fetch before we started dinner.

He hasn’t slept much today and has been a bit more active than usual so I hope he sleeps longer tonight. He’s been sleeping a bit longer each night and it was after 5am when he had me up this morning. He also doesn’t cry to get up, he moves around in his crate and waits til I’m ready to get up.

He has very good bladder control for a puppy.

Bangers and mash for dinner and we should be in bed in the next 30 minutes.

I hope that tomorrow will be an art day before I win $100million in Powerball in the evening!





Nite all.

No comments: