Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, December 30, 2022

Touristy

Our town and The Bay are absolutely chockers full of tourists!

The caravan parks are bursting at the seams and there are a million kids tearing around on scooters and bikes, most of them not wearing helmets or protection.

While checking the post office this afternoon, I feared for my safety as eight kids of varying ages swept past me in very close proximity on the footpath outside the local supermarket.

I think I will avoid the area for the next couple of weeks and venture back out when the crowds thin.

BGWLBH and I went to the nail salon today and were very impressed with our new manicurists. Very professional with much better care taken than the previous salon.

My pedicure was the best I’ve had for a couple of years. Maytwo gave me an amazing leg and foot massage and she was very friendly and just the right amount of ‘chatty’.

We will definitely return.

We did some shopping before and after our appointments but I didn’t get to spend my vouchers. There were just too many people (aka tourists) to contend with.

Adoring Husband babysat Harley who apparently was a very good boy.

I took Harley out to the pool soon after I arrived home and he sat in the water on the top step for about 5 minutes before stepping out, shaking himself off and then rolling in the grass (as they do).

Just enough to cool down.

After dinner I played fetch with him until he gave up.

I had a stack of beef mince, ox liver and brisket bones to divide up into Harley meal sizes which took about 30 minutes and three loaves of bread to divide into 2 slice per ziplock bag to freeze, which also took some time.

AH cooked up the usual chicken wings for Friday night dinner.

It’s now after 9pm and I’m exhausted.

I’m pretty sure we’ll be having a playful time in the art room tomorrow so I need a restful nights sleep - unlike last night which was very restless for me - courtesy of a coffee I’d had at 11am. Caffeine runs through your system for about 12 hours so it was around 11am when I fell asleep but I woke up 3 times during the night.

I’m yawning like crazy so it’s sleep time for me.






Nite all.


No comments: