Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, April 3, 2023

Next!

Harley and I had a late start this morning!

We got to bed late last night.

Harley’s sleeping pen/cage fills the doorway from my bedroom to the ensuite. Half of it sits on the bathroom tiles and half sits on the bedroom carpet. Harley ‘runs’ hot so he prefers to sleep on the cold tiles most of the time. His pen folds flat during the day, it’s very lightweight and is easy for me to manage.

So I was heading to bed at 10pm when I remembered that I’d put oil of cloves on the grout in the ensuite in the morning. It has to sit for 12 hours before cleaning the tiles and grout. The 12 hours was up. 

Clove oil is very toxic for dogs - not just ingesting it, but also breathing it - so I had no choice but to scrub the shower recess at 10pm and attempt to get the smell out of the room.

I was very impressed with the cleaning fluid. It both killed and removed the mould in the grout. I used my Koh sanding sponge block to clean the grout but it didn’t take much elbow grease and it came away easily.


I opened the bathroom window to help clear the air as well as turning on the pedestal fan and directing at the ensuite. 

Because I’d been in the room for so long, I couldn’t tell if the clove was still strong or not so I moved the pen into the bedroom just to be on the safe side.

I stayed awake for almost 2 hours checking on Harley often to make sure he wasn’t displaying any of the symptoms of toxicity, which meant it was around 1.30am when I finally fell asleep.

Thankfully, Harley didn’t wake me until 6.15am so I got around 45 minutes longer than usual.

Apart from the usual Harley play and cooking breakfast and dinner, my other pleasure for the day was starting a new piece of octopus art. It’s finger painting!

It doesn’t look much yet, but I’m loving the colours and effect so far.

Dinner was a very disappointing snapper. Thankfully the side dishes were ok.

Crazy Rich Asians is on TV and I think I’ll be falling asleep listening to it.

It’s almost 11pm and I have a big day in The Bay planned.






Nite all.

No comments: