Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Crap Start

For various reasons, which I won’t go into, my day had a fairly crappy start.

Harley and I eventually climbed into the trike and rode down to the Lions Park to meet some of the girls where we hung out for just over an hour. He was a good boy and the weather was glorious with the tide high and the water blue. The park is beautifully manicured ready for the big Easter Fishing Classic this weekend.

The few people who wandered by were very happy and some tradies shared our rotunda while they enjoyed their morning tea.

We were happy to pedal home by 10.30am and to find the house empty. We enjoyed a couple of hours of quiet time before Adoring Husband appeared with the FROG box and good news regarding his medical tests.

BGWLBH arrived home about an hour later.

Harley and I played soccer in the pool area before I cooked dinner - duck breast with mulberry chilli jus, sweet potato chips and buttered beans, snow peas, carrots, onion and spinach.

Tomorrow (6th) is this little treasure’s 2nd birthday …


How time flies.

She’ll have a second 2nd birthday when my parcel arrives next week.

I’m feeling pretty tired and it’s not 10.30pm yet.





Nite all.

No comments: