Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, April 24, 2023

Unlucky For Some

Thirteen years married today.

In June, we’ll have been together 20 years.

Adoring Husband and I drove into The Bay to celebrate over lunch at The Bayswater restaurant on the Esplanade.

We both ordered the Chicken Supreme.

We actually walked into the restaurant around 11.30am and ordered our meals at approximately 11.45am. At midday, it was as if a bus pulled up and the queue to order was at least 12 deep for half an hour or more.

Everybody sat outside on the deck in the gale force winds while AH and I found a protected booth inside which was very comfortable.

The meal was huge and the food was delicious but I could only eat half. My plate was full of chat potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, beans, carrots, zucchini, avocado and chicken wrapped in bacon delicately criss-crossed with hollandaise sauce.

After lunch, we did a decent grocery shop at Stocklands before heading home.

We were gone for a short three hours while BGWLBH took care of Harley. She was exhausted from entertaining him for the entire time we were gone.

I was feeling pretty exhausted myself.

My diet has deteriorated considerably over the last 6 months and I lack energy most days, my joints ache, I always need an afternoon nap and I feel very weak and very old.

I would like to make a conscious effort to improve my diet by removing sugar, reducing carbs, increasing fresh organic fruit and vegetables and drinking more water.

It’s just a matter of finding inspiration and motivation to actually do this. I’ve done it before and I remember how good my mind and my body felt, so that should be motivation in itself.

Small steps.

We’ve had strong winds over the last couple of days gusting up to 47km per hour and they’ll continue tomorrow with some patchy rain. Wind is just annoying.

Tomorrow is ANZAC day so it will be a quiet one for us.

Right now, I need to sleep.






Nite all.

No comments: