Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, April 28, 2023

Long Lunch

A spin on my normal daily routine was a lunch date with The Motivator.

She picked me up at 11.45am and we drove to Salty Squid at Toogoom where we found a table outside and spent two hours catching up.

It’s been ten months since we talked so there was LOTS to catch up on!

Our meals were delicious. She had the squid and I had the prawns and we divided them both so that we could share. My salad was a little soggy but otherwise very large and very nice meals.

An unexpected surprise was a bag of birthday gifts that she handed me. A bright colourful and beautiful rug that she had crocheted herself, a set of place mats and a set of colourful boho type coasters. With them was a gorgeous card with heartfelt words hand written by The Motivator herself.

It was really nice to catch up and we chatted non stop just like old times.

After a couple of hours, it was time to leave because she has a standing date that she was on her way to attend. In reality, our date was perfect and a nice way to ease back into regular catch ups.

I’d had a restless night so by the time TM dropped me home, I was ready for a nap - the best I could do was a 20 minute Power Nap on the couch and then it was time to play with Harley.

Now it’s time to watch my Broncos play the second half of their game against the Rabbitohs.

And then sleeeeeep.








Nite all.

No comments: