Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, April 28, 2023

Bay Day

Spent 4 hours in The Bay.

OPSM still haven’t processed my quote for new glasses lenses. She promised to do it at midday today and email the quote to me (this is the third time she’s made this promise) but there is still no email.

I booked an appointment at The Massage House for a foot detox and foot massage next week. I’ve never done a foot detox before!

We bought some more art supplies.

Harley was the recipient of new toys and treats. 2 x balls, a squeaky toy, a tug o war toy and a bag of jerky treats.

We purchased what we hope to be winning lotto tickets.

BGWLBH introduced me to a quaint little coffee shop on Main Street where I discovered lots of goodies made in Australia. Some pineapple and passionfruit jam, caramelised onion relish and a green curry masala.

I took a bracelet with a broken stone to the jewellers hoping that they could repair it. The outcome of that discussion is confusing and since I have no idea what’s going on, I’m going to try Tinkerbell’s to see if they can repair it.

I attempted to return a cord to JBHIFI because it had the wrong connection but they wouldn’t accept it because I had ripped the packaging.

That moment when you realise that you can behave like a frail and sad old lady, gain some sympathy and reap some benefits! I had to purchase the correct cord and paid a little more than half price because the young man felt sorry for me.

Haha!

We shopped at Coles and grabbed a juice from Su Jus.

A quick shop at our local centre before heading home.

It was nice to run into Woman of Many Talents too. It’s been a long time since we caught up.

At home, Harley and I played with the new toys together.

Dinner was spaghetti bolognese.

We watched the first footy match of the round.

Tomorrow I’m lunching with The Motivator. We haven’t seen each other for about 8 months so I’m looking forward to catching up with her.

Now it’s time to sleep.





Nite all.

No comments: