Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, June 19, 2023

Form a Habit

I’ve decided that walking Harley needs to become a daily habit.

It’s too difficult to train good walking habits into him when we only walk two or three times a week.

There is still much to do because he is hot and cold on every walk.

Sometimes he is perfect, but he is never perfect for the entire walk. I can tell he is trying hard but being a juvenile, he struggles with self control.

If we walk every day and I’m consistent with my demands and directions, then I think we can improve quickly.

He is very strong and his need to chase vehicles could easily put me in danger, so I have joined a training group online, specifically for border collies that want to chase cars.

The first lesson begins very soon so I’ll be joining in as soon as I sign off here.

We walked for an hour this morning and followed that up with an hour chasing balls around the pool. We had another 30 minutes chasing balls this afternoon.

I watched more ‘Stranger Things’ today and cooked duck with orange sauce, sweet potato and potato in the air fryer, zucchini slice, coleslaw and slices of tomato and cucumber.

MasterChef and FBoy Island were on my TV agenda tonight.






Now I’m off to learn how to stop Harley from chasing cars.

Nite all.

No comments: