Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, June 23, 2023

Ready Set Go

A lot going on today.

I cooked breakfast.

Took Harley for a training walk for an hour.

We practised setting up our display for the art expo tomorrow …








BGWLBH and Adoring Husband packed the majority of the art and displays into both cars. Some of it didn’t fit in BGWLBH’s car.

I started to price my art but decided to wait until we are in the hall so the price cards don’t get crushed or smudged in transit.

Searched for and located the square reader for payments.

Made a list of what I need to remember in the morning.

Found the money tin and key so that BGWLBH could provide and count the float.

Made the marinade for tonight’s chicken dinner.

Chopped and cooked the vegetables to go in Harley’s meals then bagged the meals for freezing.

Baked banana bread to take tomorrow. We are not supposed to take food because it’s provided, but they never provide gluten free food, so we will be covered at least for morning and afternoon tea. We’ll have 7 hours in the hall - exhausting!

Played with Harley in the afternoon.

Played TV trivia for an hour.

Watched the footy.

Now, it’s almost 11pm so I’d best sleep if I want to be alert tomorrow!







Nite all.

No comments: