Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Twoday πŸ˜‹

Spent Monday in The Bay doing a decent grocery shop and finding other goodies from Office Works, Petbarn, Nana’s Pantry, Spotlight, Bakery, Newsagent, Butcher and Su Jus Cafe.

On the trip INTO The Bay, we came *this* close to dying in a car accident!

Some crazy fool decided to overtake us at high speed playing chicken with an oncoming cement truck. It was close enough to make my heart attempt to leave my chest and cause physical pain in my belly. I honestly don’t know how he missed. There was only inches in it and if he’d hit, there would have been carnage with multiple cars involved, including us!

Idiot.

Curry chicken for dinner that night.

Today was meditation day. Unfortunately, there was an unplanned blackout halfway through so we meditated in the dark and without fans so it got warmer by the minute and we were pleased when time was up and we could step outside into the fresh air.

We all decided to give Qigong a miss. It would have been very unpleasant in the warm hall. Instead, The Gypsy, Heart of Gold and I sat outside and chatted for a couple of hours.

It was great to catch up with Heart of Gold who had just returned from a 2 month road trip. There was a lot to talk about.

I was home by lunch and took Harley out to play before I made myself a sandwich and cup of tea. My afternoon was spent in front of the TV and planning my next artwork.

Taco Tuesday.

Tomorrow might be swim day. The pool water is lovely.








Nite all.

No comments: