Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, October 26, 2023

A Little Bit

I was a little bit productive today.

I did some washing - that was a pretty desperate requirement. With three adults in the house, it can be tricky, between days we are not at home and days when the other two are washing clothes, bedding, towels and bathroom linen etc., finding a day where the machine is not in use is a test of my luck.

I made a batch of colloidal silver …

Colloidal silver is one of my many magic potions. On the weekend, the gum under my aching tooth became infected. The infection travelled down my neck into my glands and my throat. It hurt to swallow and to turn my head left or right.

My tooth was fine, it was just the gum giving me grief.

I swished and swallowed home made colloidal silver every couple of hours, rubbed clove oil all around the gum and put a poultice of caster oil on my neck for 4 hours. 

After two days, the pain and swelling were almost all gone.

Today, there is no sign that there was ever a problem.

Magic potions.

I did some more in my art journal …


I’m going to have to work hard to get these looking decent, but I think I can do it.

I received some lovely new pics of little Hazie …


I just want to give her the biggest squeezy hug. She is divine.

I baked a chicken and veg with home made gravy for dinner.

Of course I had lots of play time with Harley.

It’s time for me to sleep now.





Nite all.

No comments: