Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, November 3, 2023

Double Day

Thursday …

BGWLBH and I had part of the day in The Bay.

I restocked some of my Posca pens (and other Office Works goodies) and Harley’s dog bones. I bought some more losing lotto tickets. Did a grocery shop. Browsed Spotlight, Petbarn, Choice, some boutiques (no purchases!) and discovered that Su Jus has closed for refurbishing until 23rd November.

We battled crazy, dangerous drivers on the road. Every trip into the Bay feels like Russian Roulette these days. People speeding, overtaking on bends and hills and then cutting us off to get back on the road.

My play date with The Motivator had to be postponed because the stars did not align for us today.

It was Taco Thursday thank goodness. So easy.

Nothing else worth mentioning really.

I’m tired.




Nite all.

The Next Day …

Oopsy! I forgot to publish yesterday’s blog post!

So I will add todays and post them together.

I attended a long planned luncheon with my art girls today. The date had been changed many times due to illness, holidays, family emergencies etc and needed to be completed before next Thursday because one of the girls is having invasive surgery.

Seven of us all met at Cafe Balaena at midday. The weather was fabulous, the food was delicious, the drinks strong, the company was wonderful and we had 4 glorious hours together.

To be honest, it was just what I needed for a mental health boost.

This was my French Martini … 

This was us being silly …

There was an 80th birthday party with live music on the other side of the cafe and when the elderly gentleman who was singing selected “Sweet Caroline”, some of the girls from our table (including me)  joined in with all the table banging, sound effects and word repetition.

The next song was Elvis and our rendition of that was pretty special too!

It was funny. And fun.

The cafe closed at 2pm otherwise we probably would have stretched out the afternoon.

It’s been a good day.

Now I’m exhausted.



Nite all.

No comments: