Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, November 4, 2023

TV Veg Day

Movie 1 = “Queen Bees” (Ellen Burstyn & James Caan)

Movie 2 = “Bicentennial Man” (Robyn Williams, Sam Neill, Oliver Platt)

Movie 3 = “Stage Mother” (Jackie Weaver, Lucy Liu, Adrian Grenier)

Movie 4 = “Pretty in Pink” (Molly Ringwald, Jon Cryer, James Spader, Andrew McCarthy)

We watched New Zealand thrash Australia in the rugby league Pacific Championships 30-0!

I am currently watching Australia vs England in the ODI cricket World Cup. 

Talk about a lounge lizard!

My favourite kind of day.

I can’t believe I’ve never seen Bicentennial Man. What a great movie. All of them were great movies and I stayed awake for all of them, not dozing off once! I can’t say the same for Adoring Husband 😴

For dinner I prepared baked honey lemon chicken with baked vegetables (potato, sweet potato, zucchini, tomato) and butter garlic asparagus.

Now I shall fall asleep listening to the cricket.






Nite all.

No comments: