Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, November 5, 2023

Visiting

This afternoon I visited The Motivator to give her her birthday presents.

Her birthday was in July.

Yes I’m a bad friend.

We spent two hours chatting in her outdoor patio area and I enjoyed it very much. She made a small platter with cheeses, olives, crackers, humus and chocolate and we drank iced water.

It was a pleasant way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

I arrived home in time to cook duck breasts with a chilli mandarine sauce, boiled potatoes and carrots, beans, onion, chard and spinach lightly fried in garlic butter.

I only ate the potato and some beans with some of the sauce. It was delicious!

There was a nice shower of rain while we ate, which we needed.

I’m very tired from staying up late (or I should say ‘early morning’) watching the cricket. It was around 3am when I got to sleep. Australia defeated England. Tonight I’m watching India play South Africa, but I certainly won’t be watching it to the end. I’ll have it on the telly in the background as I fall asleep and I’ll have the sleep timer on for 30 minutes.

It’s time to do that right now.




Nite all.

No comments: