Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, November 10, 2023

Correspondence

The biggest thrill of my day was receiving a letter from Chicklet which included half a dozen small pieces of art that she had created. A couple of wolves, a fox and a couple of anime humans (all amazing). Her letter was three pages long and I savoured every written word.

The last time she wrote, due to many different circumstances, it took me 6 weeks to reply! So today, I sat down and replied immediately.

In the envelope, with my 5 page letter, I added copies of three pieces of art and some skull stickers. 

I rode down to the Post Office before 2pm and got it in today’s mail.

From the post office, I rode to the beach where I found a bench seat in the shade and sat for 30 minutes overlooking the miles and miles of sand. The tide was completely out and it was impossible to see the waterline with the naked eye.

I could easily have sat there for a couple of hours but Adoring Husband was waiting for me to return so that he could put the car and trailer away. My trike doesn’t fit past them once they’re in.

I painted the second coat onto my canvas and I may just get started on the body of it tomorrow.

Dinner was the usual Friday night fare.

After dinner we all moved into the lounge room for a rare dose of trivia.

Now I’m feeling very weary so it’s sleep time for me.






Nite all.

No comments: