Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, November 11, 2023

Energised

I felt a little bit energised and motivated today!

Very unusual.

I started with the usual hour of play with Harley and then made my breakfast. I did a couple of loads of washing followed by a couple of hours in my art space …

As usual, still a work in progress.

The cricket was starting at 3pm so I took Harley out for another play, chopped a large saucepan full of vegetables for Harley’s future meals and put them on to boil.

Two hours into the cricket I cooked up some duck breast with mashed potato and a veggie mix of carrots, beans, capsicum, onion and tomato lightly fried in oil and garlic. I did a spicy plum sauce for the duck.

After dinner I mixed up, weighed and packed Harley’s meals and also bagged the chicken feet in individual bags for his snacks.

Now I’m in bed watching the cricket.

Adoring Husband spent all morning at work doing manual labour in quite warm conditions, so he’s feeling pretty buggered.

BGWLBH spent an hour in the garden followed by hours doing art in her bedroom.

We had some light rain this afternoon but we sure need a whole lot more than that! Our street is usually full of green manicured lawns and even though the majority of us have bore water, the lawns are very brown and dry.

Now I’m off to watch the last 20 overs of the cricket - Australia vs Bangladesh. Australia are already into the semi finals and will be playing South Africa next Thursday.




Nite all.

No comments: