Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, October 31, 2023

What a Day

I have mostly avoided our shopping centre whenever possible for the last couple of years. I usually send Adoring Husband or BGWLBH for our emergency shopping needs and most of our meat comes from our local butcher.

To be honest, I don’t want to run into people I know because I have felt, for want of a better word, “unwanted” or “intolerable” or even “unwelcome” by most, and as a result I’ve become a bit of a hermit.

I’ve created an oasis at home where I can spend time with my dog, swim in my pool, work on my art, cook in my kitchen, hibernate in my bedroom or binge watch anything I like in the lounge room. 

I rarely need to leave my house but I push myself to join BGWLBH in The Bay as often as possible because I don’t want to put myself in a reclusive rut.

Anyway, today after meditation and QiGong, I had to ride to the butcher for dog food and our dinner.

I stumbled upon a like minded close acquaintance who I hadn’t seen for about a year and she told me that her husband had passed suddenly from myocarditis (caused by the covid vaccine) in August AND that her male neighbour had spent months in and out of hospital with the same issues also triggered by the vaccine.

She is now following a large group of international medical professionals who, because of the prevalence of these deadly conditions, are travelling to different countries attempting to get governments to recognise and acknowledge this very serious problem and make the public aware.

Unfortunately the legal ramifications are such that governments will deny deny deny.

It will all come out in the wash when it’s too late for innocent victims to seek justice.

We chatted for about 30 minutes before I even found my way into the shop.

Next I ran into another close acquaintance whose Dad has been diagnosed with dementia and we talked about how it is affecting the family. There was another 25 minutes indulging in deep and meaningful conversation.

Before I was able to climb on my trike to head home, I was stopped in my tracks by one more close acquaintance whose husband has recently been given a potentially fatal diagnosis and is now undergoing invasive treatments requiring much travel.

So many heavy, painful stories and if that comes from just three people I know, it’s understandable why the energy levels in town are so low right now. I can think of five others I know who have recently undergone invasive surgeries or treatments for serious conditions.

Age SHOULD NOT automatically mean negative health issues. What the hell is going on?

So on a rare outing for me to our local shopping centre, I did not run into anyone that I’ve been avoiding bit I did hear some very confronting and upsetting stories from others on a day that has been a bit unsettling for me anyway.

Today would have been my first born (Jamie’s) 45th birthday. A little tougher than usual, probably because I’m not feeling mentally and emotionally strong right now.

Ugh.

So that’s my story for the day.

It started with some confronting meditation (which I LOVE) that cleared some stuff followed by soothing QiGong and then a 2 hour session with The Gypsy.

It has been a full emotional day really.

I baked honey soy chicken thighs for dinner with boiled potatoes in their jackets and garlic asparagus and beans.

Now it’s time for bed.




Nite all.

No comments: