Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, November 20, 2023

Doubling Up

"My philosophy is: What people say about me is none of my business. 

I am who I am and do what I do. 

I expect nothing and accept everything. 

And that makes life easier.

We live in a world where funerals are more important than the deceased, marriage is more important than love, looks are more important than the soul. 

We live in a packaging culture that despises content."

- Sir Anthony Hopkins


On Sunday, I began the day with a 6am walk (yes you heard that right) with Harley and … Rebel Mardi!

There are only two people on the planet who could get me to voluntarily climb out of bed on a Sunday morning at 6am for a walk and a catch up.

They would be Rebel Mardi and Lady Lynn.

It was such a great morning.

Harley met lots of dogs and was well behaved. He had a couple of ‘moments’ when cars went past - I initially forgot that he was a car chaser so I wasn’t prepared. Oops. After that, I told him to ‘leave it’ and he was mostly good with just a couple of lapses in judgement.

We walked for a good half an hour and found the perfect quiet seat overlooking the beach where we could throw the ball for Harley and chat in private. There was such a lot to catch up on!

All up, we spent two valuable hours together and it was fabulous.

Harley needed a swim to cool down after such a big morning so we played fetch for about 20 minutes and I followed that up with some time in the art space. So yesterday and today, I got this far …

Sunday night was duck for dinner and tonight was roast chicken with roast vegetables and home made gravy.

Sunday night, I watched the cricket World Cup final between Australia and India. India were the hot favourites and I honestly didn’t think the Aussies had a chance but the good old Aussie fighting spirit came through and we thrashed them!

It has been raining all day and we’ve received about 40mm good drenching wet stuff from the sky.

Poor Harley was a bit confused because he couldn’t play all day but we’ll make up for it tomorrow.

Now I think it’s time to sleep - it was a 3am bedtime after the cricket so I’m a bit weary.






Nite all.


No comments: