Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, November 23, 2023

Mucking About

I can’t do more to my other art until I can purchase some different coloured fine tipped acrylic art pens, so while I was sitting in front of the TV watching a fluffy Christmas movie, I did a scribble piece in my art journal.

Not everyone’s cup of tea. Haha. It’s also not finished and I doubt whether I will finish it. We all get the gist.

An absolutely nothing day today.

I received a call from Number One Son who is back in hospital in Perth. Hopefully he’ll get the help that he needs soon. It seems to me that the medical establishment take just a bit too long to provide what I consider “urgent” help with mental health issues.

Vegan Chickie lost a good friend a couple of days ago both unexpectedly and suddenly. I know she’s struggling with his passing. It was shocking to everybody who knew him and he was very popular and well loved.

He leaves behind a husband and ten year old twin boys. Devastating for everyone.

Today (as you’re reading this) it’s 26 years since my father passed and BGWLBH’s mother would have turned 83yrs old.

Quite a bit of emotional stuff happening.

It’s almost midnight so I think I’ll sleep now.





Nite all.

No comments: