Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Restless

The first half of my night was restless as my tummy took time to settle, but the second half of the night was sound and healing, so I woke up feeling energised and well rested.

After an hour playing with Harley, I made myself tea and toast and then got ready for a trip into The Bay.

There seemed to be a LOT of our usual purchases on sale in Coles so I did a BIG grocery shop doubling up on pastas and tinned tomatoes, passatas, tomato paste etc. We usually have lasagne or bolognese once a fortnight so we can never have too much of this stuff in the pantry, especially when it’s cheap.

Our clothes washing liquid was half price, as were my ‘dairy free’ magnums.

Office Works also have a big sale on, so we rushed right over there! NONE of the stuff that we regularly buy was on sale. Bugger! But we spent money anyway.

For the second week in a row, I won ZIP on all of my lotto tickets. I figure third week lucky 🍀 

I had some contact with my LB again which was lovely.

I had some contact with Bubbles who is organising a trip up here in February next year. Can’t wait!!

I confirmed my place on the Women’s retreat at Dallarnil on 26th November.

BGWLBH and I discussed and decided to have a stall at the Community Markets in December.

I made three plates of nachos for dinner tonight - in place of this weeks tacos.

So quite a bit going on today.

Now I need to sleep.






Nite all.

No comments: