Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, December 10, 2023

Market Done

Saturday was a huge day.

We were all awake before 4.30am. We finished packing both cars and at 5.30am we all headed to the grounds to find our allotted plot for the morning.

Adoring Husband actually left before us and had the gazebo set up when we arrived. 

With both BGWLBH and I in attendance this time, it took much less time to set up and we were settled in our comfy folding chairs before 7am.





It was a very successful sales day for both of us.

Considering how few stalls there were (surprising right before Christmas) there was a pretty steady flow of customers/browsers/visitors.

The weather was nice with a cooling breeze for most of the morning. It kind of built up to gale force by 10.30am and at one point, a gazebo went flying into the carpark!

The worst part of the day was at 9am when the “entertainment” set up right next to us and they were loud and off key. Half the time I couldn’t hear my customers and a couple of them even complained about the noise. I’ll be speaking to the organisers this week.

I received nice hugs from some locals I haven’t seen for a while and there were even old customers who come here for holidays that spent their money at our stall.

Because of the wind AND the noise from the entertainment, we packed up an hour early.

Both of us girls spent the entire afternoon after lunch in our beds recovering from the morning. We are too old for this nonsense!

AH has been busy setting up our Christmas lights …






Today is Sunday and I cooked breakfast for the team this morning before having a play with Harley, after which I had a ZOOM meeting with The Gypsy and she read my cards using a number of different packs including Tarot cards. It was a most enjoyable 2 hours.

I made myself a late breakfast and plonked myself in front of the TV to watch a new Netflix movie called “Leave the World Behind” with Julia Roberts and Ethan Hawk in it. Great movie and very relevant for today. A warning of what’s to come.

I made duck with vegetables for dinner.

Now I’m off to sleep.



Nite all.


No comments: