Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, December 14, 2023

Socially Acceptable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRs9xwiGabA&t=311s Don’t waste your time/health getting the Covid boosters.

My day began with Harley play (of course), followed by breakfast, washing clothes and TV time.

I received a phone call from a distressed lady struggling with her husband who has Parkinson’s, so I offered to meet her for coffee.

At 1pm I pedalled to the coffee shop where we sat for a bit over an hour while she vented her frustrations and I offered some small tidbits of advice.

While we were there, MANY locals passed us, including old friends who I’d not seen for months and one of whom I made arrangements to meet tomorrow after lunch.

Before I came home I purchased some postal packages from the post office, to send Christmas gifts to the kids and grandkids, so when I arrived home, I packed everything up and addressed the boxes to mail out today.

Adoring Husband drove me, firstly to the pub ‘drive through’ to purchase some alcohol for Christmas drinks with my art girls, and then to the location for said Christmas drinks. He then took the parcels to the post office to mail.

My afternoon with the girls was amazing. There were only five of us, but the perfect five. Lots of chatter and catching up, laughter, town news, family news, health news etc. A good two hours was enjoyed by us all and Christmas hugs upon parting.

Easy tacos and nachos for dinner followed by trivia for an hour.

Needless to say, I’m feeling a bit weary tonight. Sleep time for me.







Nite all.

No comments: