Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, January 19, 2024

Aussies Doing It

"It's the start of a new year, isn't it, Piglet?" said Pooh, all excited.

"It certainly is," said Piglet.

"What are you hoping for, this year?" asked Pooh. "Are you going to try and achieve some goals or ambitions? Make lots of money? Better yourself?"

"Well," said Piglet. "The thing is, Pooh, is that I am a very simple soul at heart. And I may not be right, when I say this...but I have always felt that the most important thing in life - for me at least - is love. To love, and to be loved. So while Achieving Goals, and Making Money, and Bettering Yourself, might all be great things to dream of...I can't help feeling that, without love, they would be very empty dreams indeed."

"So your hopes for the next year is ..."

"For love," said Piglet, simply. "For love, and for a regular walk through the Hundred Acre Wood with my very best friend, kicking up the leaves and talking as though we haven't a care in the world."

"That sounds just perfect to me," said Pooh. "Shall we go?"

And so the two friends put on their boots and their waterproofs, and walked out into the Hundred Acre Wood, kicking up leaves and talking as though they hadn't a care in the world. ❤️❤️

Another day of playing, swimming, watching tennis, bagging bulk mango and banana for the freezer and that’s about it.

The weather is STILL oppressively hot, even at night, walking outside is like stepping into a sauna. Very unpleasant and it’s been like this for almost two months.

It’s the longest run of bloody hot days we’ve had since moving here almost 16 years ago and it feels ominous. These may be the perfect conditions for that threatening cyclone!

Tonight the Aussie De Minaur won his match, as did my fave Djokovic. I am currently watching the Aussie qualifier Storm Hunter play Crejcikova from Czech Republic. The Aussie has won the first set with loud support from the crowd and she’s playing well.

I’m feeling a tad weary so I may fall asleep to the sounds of tennis and I may not know the outcome until tomorrow.






Nite all.

No comments: