Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 16, 2024

I’m a Magician

I got out of bed at 6.50am.

I immediately took Harley out to play and threw the ball around the pool until 7.10am.

I showered and washed my hair (my hair is past my waist length now) dressed, applied make up and selected my jewellery and shoes.

I gathered my handbag, mobile phone and water bottle.

Made my Noobru drink and filled my water bottle.

Gathered my hat and sunglasses and gave Harley his ‘goodbye treat’.

Adoring Husband had moved my trike to make it easier for me to exit the carport and I climbed onto it and kissed him goodbye as I headed to meditation.

But first I had to find an ATM for cash to pay for meditation and qigong.

I arrived at meditation one minute late 8.01am and it had already commenced. That’s the first time I’ve ever been late!

I think it was a pretty good effort to do all of that in 50 minutes! Especially considering it takes 8 minutes for me to ride to the ATM and another 3 minutes to get to the meditation hall.

I enjoyed meditation and qigong followed by a two hour session with The Gypsy.

After some grocery shopping, I arrived home at 1.30pm feeling a bit the worst for wear. The heat got to me on my trike ride home so I had to lie down for 5 minutes before unpacking the groceries.

I made myself a cup of tea and sat down with my fresh piece of salted caramel cheesecake to watch some tennis.

Dinner was an oven baked rice, tomato, leek and lamb concoction so that I could set the timer and return to the tennis.

More tennis tonight.

I’m feeling a bit weary so I might set the timer on the TV and fall asleep to the sound of ball on racket.






Nite all.

No comments: