Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, January 14, 2024

It’s Tennis Time!

 https://www.covidvaxclassaction.com.au/

The Australian Open Tennis Championships in Melbourne, started today!

I’m in heaven.

I arose late this morning and it was almost 8.30am when I took Harley out to play. I enjoyed a dip myself, swimming 6 laps and tossing the ball from one end of the pool to the other for Harley to catch on the full.

At 9.30am I returned inside, changed into dry clothes, made myself tea and toast for breakfast and was sitting in front of the tennis at 10.05am.

I’ve really enjoyed watching the young up and coming Australians play today. Wild cards and qualifiers putting up a good fight against top 20 players. 

Tonight I’m watching Djokovic play a tough match against an 18 year old qualifier from Croatia named Dino Prizmic  They are currently in the fourth set and Djokovic is on the verge of winning, however, you never know what can happen in these big events.

Thankfully, we have a TV in the kitchen so I was able to continue watching tennis while cooking chicken and vegetables for dinner.

Tennis will be my main topic of conversation for the next two weeks. Be prepared!







Djokovic won 6-2 6-7 6-3 6-4

Nite all.

No comments: