Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, January 1, 2024

Happy 2024

First day of the new year.

I began the year with a swim, a float, some stretching, qigong and of course lots of Harley play. I couldn’t think of a better way to start my year.

Just for a change, I made myself a big breakfast. Pork sausage, poached egg, potato salad, beetroot and two pieces of toast with a cup of tea.

Once I’d downed all of that, it was time to declutter/clean my bedroom.

In three hours, I had cleaned less than half of it!

I emptied out all the bedside drawers, cleaned them, sorted through all the crap that I’ve thrown in them for the last year and then cleared the top.

It’s amazing how many books, cards, pens, notes, journals, device stands, tissue boxes, oracle cards, essential oils, glasses, water bottles, scrunchies, safety pins, paper clips etc etc you can store on such a small surface!

I cleaned my bedside lamps which are quite large.

I had piles of health books on the floor against the wall beside the bed, along with journals, more oracle cards, a box full of Chicklet letters, course materials, photos, art paraphernalia and other stuff so I cleared all of that out so there is now bare floor.

My clothes basket was full so I did my washing. I still have some hand washing to do.

In the corner, I had bags of gifts, so put them all in the ‘gift cupboard’ in the family room.

I cleared about 25 items from my wardrobe to deliver to an op shop. I’ll do the shoes tomorrow.

I washed the plantation shutters.

By then I was exhausted, so I threw in the towel and sat for an hour listening to the rain.

The first dinner for 2024 was duck with spicy sweet sauce and salad.

We played trivia after dinner and I’ve been watching the tennis ever since.

It’s been a good productive day and I hope I’m feeling the same motivation tomorrow to finish the job and I’ll smudge the room with burning sage once I’m done.

My body is feeling decidedly weary now.








Nite all.

No comments: