Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, December 31, 2023

We Made It

In 40 minutes it will be 2024.

Happy to see the back end of 2023.

I’m going to be focusing on creating a brighter, more positive year for me.

I’m going to remove doubt from my life and trust that the universe has my back.

I don’t need to know all the answers.

I’m going to manifest the energy of love and compassion and I will not be held hostage to the darkness of others.

I will be the master of my own instrument - my mind, body and soul.

I will hold the giant bucket to receive so much love from the universe that I have more to share.

I will work on my need to procrastinate and heal the trauma that causes it.

I will strengthen my self respect and take a leap of faith believing that everything I want will come to me if I look up and hand the hard stuff over.

It’s definitely time for a change. I’ve made myself small, if not invisible, for too long

I will transform my life and stand in my own truth because I am enough and I deserve to shine my light.

Only “I” completely understand all of that but I’m the only one who needs to understand it.

I spent my morning returning some of the pool furniture to the Bali hut, cleaning the leaves out of the pool (after the storm last night), emptying out the skimmer box and getting the pool creepy crawly working again (with Adoring Husband’s help).

AH had to reset the pump after the blackout.

I played with Harley for an hour, made myself some breakfast and planted myself in front of the TV for the rest of the day.

I caught up with The Gypsy at 3pm over a ZOOM call, then again at 7.30pm for tarot card readings. We spent five and half hours looking at each other’s faces on the monitor via a very dodgy connection due to gale force winds at her end.

We had easy hamburgers for our last dinner of 2023.

Now I’m exhausted so it’s time to sleep.



Nite all.

No comments: